View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:19 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Promotions Department - NAMOR RELEASED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Time zones confuse the crap out of me.
I've got all the ones in the US down. I had to, I was dating someone from your side of the country for a while, and she still lived over there, that's a 3 hour difference.
Try moving to Arizona. Everybody else in the country changes time zones twice a year, but thanks to our State Legislature, we don't. So twice a year everybody else screws everything up and makes me have to think about what time it is everywhere else and whether it's two hours or three hours difference. Phew, I'm breaking into a sweat just thinking about thinking.

I'm not convinced that there is a convincing argument for Daylight Savings time, but I am convinced that there is no convincing argument for being different from everyone else in the entire country.

The best part about it is the reason we have this law: I have a friend (who is trustworthy, so I believe him) whose uncle used to be in our State Legislature. The uncle's wife liked to get up early in the morning. She didn't like Daylight Savings because it makes the sun come up an hour later. So she convinced her husband to submit a law to the Legislature which passed...and thanks to her, we have the sun coming up at 4:30 in the freaking morning in summertime. You shouldn't be able to see the sun at 4:30 AM. All you should see is the