View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2007, 10:14 PM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Heh, Marro Civil War. Yeh I think they would stack.

I used to think SBN was a lot overpriced. Now, I'm not so sure. Maybe still a little, but I've played him a lot with Marro armies which I love experimenting with, and he can be a hoss. The 3 defense is his weakness. Otherwise, he's a hoss. Q9's appearance may've made SBN price more justified. SBN's mobility and 7 dice attack is a huge threat to Q9, the biggest threat in the game short of Jotun. If you tie up Q9 with some other Marro figs (heavily armored Ne-Gok-Sa is ideal) so that you can move in freely and get first strike with SBN, you can put Q9 down with the second attack. Time this on a round where you've lost initiative, so you get the last turn for your SBN attack, and if you win init next round you get two attacks in a row - odds are that's a dead Q9.

SBN can pull a slick move against other heroes too. If you start the round engaged with a melee hero, and there's any handicap to movement that you can fly over and he can't keep up, and there are other nearby targets... if your opp stacks all orders on the engaged hero, just fly away, accept the leaving swipe, and then munch on other helpless targets with no order markers.

Combine SBN with possession of the +1d20 glyph, and the Marro really shine. The Marrden Hounds with a +2 boost are death incarnate against any enemy squad figs that can be plagued. Mindshackle chances get really good for KMS and NGS.

I think you just have to have a lot of points to work with - at least 500 for a solid Marro army. You gotta have Marrden Hounds, and they're expensive at 90 but worth spending 180 on.

The Marro are short on bonding (there are the drones, but that's just OK)... I wish SBN had "Carry" - that would've been ultra cool. Sort of a substitute for bonding. I can't wait to see what the new Marro Master Set does for them... gona really fill our their army I bet. Think if they had someone who could generate a substantial +1 defense field... whew, that alone would make the Marro a force to be reckoned with.

H