View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2016, 01:59 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: JerseyScape - 4X500 Brawl in Tinton Falls, Saturday, 10/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_At_Arms View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEpicAlpaca View Post
So question on format. It says armies 450-550, would there be games when one person has a 450 point army and the other has 550? Do you kind of see where I'm going. Cool thanks.
It is possible yes, but remember, anyone that fields an army of 550 must make up for it in other rounds. And while it does suck to have to face that army, with hour rounds, it is still quite possible to win on points with this format. Additionally, the most you can give up by chance is 50 points. Choosing to field an army of 450 is a gamble that could pay off or not.
I glad that Chuck is bringing a calculator because the wording about pairing players seems a little convoluted. I'll bring the timers to keep the sessions short duration ( 60 minutes maximum with a 5 minute warning to finish the last round of OM's.

My original idea was for 4x armies of 500 pts. each, but this 450-550 range does allow for some flexibility. More than 500 pts. leads to crowded Start Zones and inefficient OM placement, whereas less than 500 pts. is just giving you opponent an unnecessary advantage. However if someone feels that the perfect combo comes in at 510 or 520 pts., then during their next game they will handicap themselves by playing with that many less points.

This is definitely going to cause some asymmetrical match-ups and that will make it just that much more interesting, after all is is HeroScape and not Chess.

@Man_At_Arms : There's one correction you can make to the front page that will be good news for all participants. I just re-read the flyer again last night when I shared it with a FaceBook group ...and... it says "suggested donation is $5.oo" - not the $10.oo that I had told you in my PM. Maybe we could each bring something to put on the prize table with a +/- $5.oo value that doesn't have to be HS related. They do this at LI,NY events. The person with highest score gets first pick, etc.

This sounds like FUN, so I think I'll come (~~lol~~). Hope to see all ya'all on Sat. ~john G.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE