Deathwalker10K is surprisingly tart
Re: Tactical Maneuvers #3 - The Steamroller vs. Mind = Flaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwalker10K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_T-Steff View Post
In my brash stupidity, I voted on the poll before even looking at the Flayer team's cards. I tried to judge my decision based solely on my preexisting knowledge of Spartacus and the Gladiators, and I misinterpreted the text, thinking that the flayers had range and could be used as a sniper-type army.

Apparently I can't revoke my vote, though.

At any rate, the flayers would get blown out of the water. The benefits that Spartacus and the Gladiators give each other, in addition to Spartacus' attack, in addition to their sheer numbers, completely overpowers the lackluster attack of the flayers and their shoddy numbers.

8 out of 10 games for the Steamrollers.
You're underestimating the Mind Flayers. If you read the cards for Cxurg'gyath and the Mind Flayer Masterminds, Cxurg'gyath's special is an AOE explosion with 4 attack and 4 range that doesn't need line of sight. Hide him behind some ruins, and you have a fair chance of blasting a couple Capuans off the map in a single turn. From the probability tables, it has a 55.6% chance of destroying a Capuan, and it can affect multiple Capuans.

As for the Masterminds, their special can remove unrevealed order markers from the Capuans' card if you destroy one with it, PLUS it has 3 range and doesn't need line of sight. This stops your opponent from taking a turn with 3 Capuans and Spartacus, leaving you free to get in an extra attack without them being able to retaliate. This has a 40.7% chance of happening.

If you exploit terrain features such as ruins, trees, glaciers, stalagmites, etc., the Mind Flayers have a reasonable chance of winning. It's all about avoiding the gladiators' enhanced move of 6, because as soon as they engage, your betentacled Outer Gods will have a hard time surviving more than a turn or two.

I think this favours The Steamroller, but only just. Knocking off order markers is a pretty effective way of stopping it in its tracks.
I don't think so. I'd agree with 8 out of 10, it's not that hard to keep from clumping the Glads up, and just 2 attacks could easily kill a MFM. Even if you hit the Psonic blast, There's a good chance you'll choose the wrong OM, and get slaughtered the next turn. And then you factor in OM juggling for the Flayers..... It's just bad..
Try it and see then! (That's sort of the point of these debates; to provide mini-scenarios for people to play)