View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2020, 09:38 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Workshop

@Tornado , I’m so glad you drafted up a Caesar! I like what you’re going for, and with some restructuring, I think all 4 ideas can fit on the card into 3 powers for a really clean, fun and true Caesar.

Starting off, Energy Absorb and Eye Blast Special Attack can be combined into one to accurately depict what we saw in Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla (1977).

Three times, Mechagodzilla was able to fire his rainbow colored Space Beam at Caesar, which Caesar absorbed, and then fired the exact same beam right back using his Prism Eye. The fourth time Mechagodzilla used Space Beam on him, Caesar took the hit, and then after that Mechagodzilla threw out additional Space Beams in his barrage, during which Caesar also never Prism Eyed back.

I’d suggest:

Prism Eye

When rolling defense dice against non-adjacent Special Attacks, roll one additional defense die for each skull rolled by the attacking figure. Count all excess shields rolled as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Spoiler Alert!

Basically just Hulkbuster for non-adjacent Special Attacks (energy blasts). Prism Eye absorbed those Space Beam blasts, after which, Mechagodzilla switched to his finger missiles, which Caesar seemed unable to absorb. I thought it might be important to create some distinction between Normal and Special attacks, although of course, in-game Caesar would be re-firing some missile based Special Attacks.

Since Showa Mechagodzilla is Caesar’s iconic original adversary, it would be a fun matchup where Mechagodzilla has a whole arsenal of Attacks at his disposal, which, once per game, he could use them all consecutively. Showa Mechagodzilla could have Finger Missiles (multiple ranged normal attacks), Space Beam (Special Attack that can “lock-up”other Ranged Special Attacks), Cross Attack Beam (AoE Special Attack).
And Caesar fights Godzilla in Final Wars, so it’d be a good counter against him as well.

As far as Caesar’s hand-to-hand, he very much relies on utilizing his own momentum in his favor, or an opponent’s against them, first being very Self-Defense/Martial Art-istic in 1977, then evolving to add in some over the top Pro-Wrestling style in Final Wars.

I’ve spliced your MMA with Body Slam to make it a defensive judo throw:

MONSTER MARTIAL ARTIST

When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled, and all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. If the attacking figure is Huge, place the chosen figure on a different space adjacent to King Caeser. Roll 1 unblockable attack die against any Small or Medium figures adjacent to the chosen figure.
Spoiler Alert!

And for his iconic attack, charging at the opponent. Sometimes it works:

Spoiler Alert!

Sometimes it knocks him on his behind:
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Often times used to make multiple attacks, sometimes successfully:
Spoiler Alert!

Sometimes not:
Spoiler Alert!

Perhaps something like:

Tackle Break Special Attack

Range 1. Attack 3 + Special.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with King Caesar, target a figure and move King Caesar up to 6 spaces in a straight line, ending movement adjacent to that figure. Roll 3 + X attack dice against that figure for this special attack. X is the number of spaces between the targeted figure and King Caesar’s placement before this special attack. After after using Tackle Break Special Attack, King Caesar may move an additional 2 spaces away from the targeted figure. King Caesar may use Tackle Break Special Attack up to two additional times against the same figure each turn. When moving with Tackle Break Special Attack, King Caesar will not take leaving engagement attacks

This will also allow him to not get caught up in crowds. He can even target DOs with this special attack.