View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:41 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Modified Cybermen & Assault Daleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Ok, lets see if I'm any closer with the Cybermen. I have reduced the percentage chance on Large & Huge Heroes. I removed the Cyber-Conversion skill (which IMO was pretty cool - but granted unnecessary for the Cybermen, maybe for a Cyber-Leader or the ship Cyber-King), & reduced their normal Attack & Defense by 1.

For the Daleks I have reduced the range of Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! & decreased the percentage. I'll admit I am struggling with this as this is their main thematic ability & it is already hindered by only targeting small or medium figures & by the fact that it is instead of an attack. It seems now a little wasted as the odds look better with your normal attack, which I really only envisaged being used against Large or Huge figures like a slow death. What about if I drop the normal attack to 4 would I be able to bring the E3 percentage to 30% (still keeping the range at only 3?

By the way the figures I got at Myers (here in Australia). They are actually call Doctor Who Micro-Universe.

Thanx for the feedback

Cheers
That is starting to sound better. I know how tough it is to drop abilities that just fit so well. I am working on a line of figs from Celtic mythology and have had to drop several abilities from numerous characters that would make them so broken.

I know the E3 doesn't seem as powerful but considering it has a range of 3 versus Grimnak's range of 1 and you get 2 chances per turn to use it, it is still very powerful. Making it "instead of attacking" is a good balancing factor.

Remember, since this is a squad, especially a common squad, you want to get the points as low as possible (while still keeping the theme going) in order to make them draftable (or is it "draftible"?).

You may even want to consider dropping their defense a point or 2 as well. With Dalek Shields a defense of 4 would still be a formiddable defense. I know in the show they are practically impervious to almost all forms of attack and a defense of 6 with Dalek Shields is fitting, but for HS it is pretty high up there.

Keep in mind I am an amateur, at best, when it comes to customs. So, take what I say with a grain of salt and definitely seek a second opinion.

I can't wait to see your other Dr. Who customs!

Last edited by Lamaclown; July 7th, 2009 at 11:48 AM.