View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2007, 06:57 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Once upon a time, Sarge went to Target to find that they had finally stocked wave six. He immideately ran home and unwraped every single precious peice, then began playing, using as much of wave six as possible. After exploring many draft possibilities, the following armies were put together.

Utgar(Me)
120-Runa
180-Taelord
110-Minions
130-Ke-Mo-Shi
100-Shades
120-Zombies(x2)
120-Grimnak
070-Heavy Gruts
040-Blade Gruts
Total-1010 points

Einar(Friend)
050-Leigonaires
100-Marcus
110-Valguard
140-tEI
090-Kiova
065-TSA
120-Tagawa
100-Kozuke
110-NotNW
120-Kaemon Awa
Total-1005 points

After a long battle, most of my forces were exhausted, and my friend was still sitting pretty with a few squaddies (including two fulley boosted tagawa, a few ninjas, and two kozuke) and all of his heroes except Kiova. I rushed in Ke-Mo-Shi to see what she could do. I was hoping for something good, but I never would have expected what happened.

First, Ke-Ke rushed in, rolled for mindshackle...8. Dangit. She proceeded to kill a Kozuke, then toxic skinned the other one and a tagawa samurai on the attack glyph. The other Tagawa samurai attacked, but got a lousy attack roll and ended up not doing anything. Next turn, she broke engagement with the Tagawa (No damage!) and ran up to Awa. Rolled for mindshackle...19! As fate would have it, their last two order markers were on Awa. Next round, I got initiative and used Awa to kill one of the ninja's. Their ninja attacked, getting two wounds on Awa. Then Ke-Ke went, ran up to Valguard, rolled for mindshackle...19! Rolled for Toxic skin against the Tagawa...18! My friend was almost in tears at this point. He had gone from having most of his army to having a ninja and marcus, and had lost four order markers to Ke-Mo-Shi. (An order marker each on Valguard and the Tagawa) In a last desparate attempt to bring himself back, he put one order marker on marcus, who grabbed Valda, and put the other two on the Ninja, who was supposed to make a run for Sturla. First turn, Awa kills the ninja.
The game ended with Ke-Mo-Shi attacking Marcus with Height, Astrid, and Taelord. 7 attack were not lost on the warlord, who went on to die the same round from toxic skin. No doubt, Ke-Mo-Shi ruled the board that game, and did it without taking any damage at all.

Between that and my amazing zombie victory (see the book of zombies), we called it a night.

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...