View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Warcraft 3 and D&D Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Thanks a bunch for the suggestions! I will definitely look at your thread... I got the animal bonding because the HOF custom project had some animal customs... are they not an official custom project?
I don't know what you mean by "official", but I didn't know you were combining with other customs. With the current wording of Animal Bonding, only figures with the name, class, or species as "Animal" will count. I don't know who you want him to bond with, but if it doesn't have "Animal" on the card somewhere, it doesn't count.
Anyway, here are some more suggestions:

Flame Strike Special Attack
Range 4. Attack 5.
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose up to three other figures adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Flame Strike Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by Flame Strike Special Attack.

Banish
I would leave this out. As a general rule, you should give a figure no more than 3 powers, and I think it makes his Phoenixes too powerful. Also, without a marker or anything, there is way too much bookkeeping. If you insist on having it, I would change this:
Instead of attacking, you may choose...

Blizzard Special Attack
Attack 4. Range 4.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Blizzard Special Attack. Jaina Proudmoore only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Jaina Proudmoore cannot be affected by her own Blizzard Special Attack.
Really? How could you get the wording wrong on a power that is exactly the same as several official powers?

Summon Water Elemental
You need to make a decision here. Because taking a turn during someone else's turn is not good, you must either make it after her turn with a max of one Elemental summoned, like this:

After taking a turn with Jaina Proudmoore, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may, if possible, place one of your previously destroyed Water Elementals on an empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Jaina Proudmoore. You may then immediately take a turn with the summoned Water Elemental.

Or, instead of attacking with 3 tries, but no turn:

Instead of attacking, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may, if possible, place one of your previously destroyed Water Elementals on an empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Jaina Proudmoore. After you use Summon Water Elemental once, you may use Summon Water Elemental two additional times.

Mass Teleport
...If you roll a 19 or higher,...

Arthas (both versions) does too many things. I would get rid of the insanely un-official Divine Shield (maybe up his defense by 1?), Death Pact, and that random sentence on the evil Arthas's card. They can't be in the same army anyway, for the same reason you can't have both Raelins. I won't go through the rest of the powers completely, but here are some fixes:
On a roll of If you roll a
Undead, as a Species, should be capitalized
Devotion/Unholy Aura: Friendly units figures
Power names should be in all caps
Storm Bolt and Thunder Clap need to say Special Attack, Damage should be changed to Attack
So, why does Long Rifles have a range boost? If I understand this correctly, if they are attacking a figure not adjacent to them, they get another range? Why don't they just have a 7 range?

Some of this is just my opinion, so you can ignore it if you want. I'm just trying to help you get more official-looking cards.