View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Superflu Pandemic has arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart101 View Post
Hmmm...Boulder, definetly.

Also, about the swine flu: It has almost stopped in mexico,and according to a headline I read, officials in mexico are "cautisoly optimistic".Also, two different labs did simulations to see how many could get it in the US if no one did anything. They estimated that 1,700 would get it in the US, and thats the worst case scenario. Also, regular old flu kills 35,000 people a year, and only about 160 have died so far.
Yes, I'm hoping this ends up being more of a "fire drill" than a real pandemic. I think it's been helpful for the countries of the world to take the precautions we have. Better that we notice the weak spots now so we'll be that much better prepared when the next threat hits.

That said, I've also read that now is not the time to be overly concerned. Something about the flu virus's protective coating makes it less able to survive in warmer months compared to colder months. Apparently this is why flu is seasonal. I've heard we may expect a resurgence of swine flu this fall as the weather gets colder.

(Oh, and I'm a little disappointed that this thread isn't about the release of the new Pandemic: On The Brink expansion. )