Thread: revised
View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2019, 02:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Trex's Customs:Updated LOTR 10/24/19

I like the Red Skull like OM flex concept for him, he's for sure a general type of unit.

Not as excited about the rejected from death power, not only is it a huge driver of points but thematically when he's finally defeated on the battle field everyone believes he's been destroyed and he lies in wait for 1000's of years rebuilding his power before trying to return and even then he was just a presence and didn't have a physical form. To physically defeat him only to have him reappear and need to physically defeat him again 10 minutes later doesn't jive for me personally.

Was thinking the base 4 def./5 life could come up though, even with the ring allowing him to avoid attacks 50% of the time, he should be very difficult to take down. Not sure how thematically correct the going invisible during battle part is though, we don't ever really see Sauron doing that (pride or overconfidence?), he just dukes it out and uses the ring to control others. Actually, with the One Ring allowing him to boost his own att. by 3 without an penalty, the base att. of 7 seems like too much, that would give him 10 att. dice.

As I'm typing right this I'm starting to convince myself that he doesn't actually need the treasure glyph One Ring, but rather just have it's effects on him baked into the stats and represented in other powers. Like maybe he should be able to use the ring to try and take temp. control of other figures (opponents, allies, or both?). His relationship with the One Ring seems different then other holders of the ring.

So this would be my pitch of a take for him to you.

Life 7
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 7
Defense 7
Points ?

Will of Sauron

Mind Exchange 13? type of power, maybe with a bonus to the roll if the figure has the One Ring and/or a bonus if the figure is only you already control?

Concept is you can park him in the SZ and just control the flow of the battle via proxy (will of Sauron) at the beginning of the fight. Using allies (including squads) to take down or weaken the biggest threats to Sauron before he enters the fight. Then you can bring him into the fight mid-battle, and he not only gets to take a turn with his 7 die att., but then after taking a turn he can use the power of the ring to bond with either an ally or an opponent's hero.