Thread: Welcome to C3V
View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2019, 11:04 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Welcome to C3V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Oh, there are people who probably remember. And I don't think it was an accident. @robbdaman , do you remember why the Valkrill coloring is a little different? I can't remember who else was working on those templates at the time. To my mind, it's a feature and not a bug - given, like I said, the original designers also had minor variations in the cards over the years - but I don't remember.
Valkrill's card was created by a hi-res scan of a card and then re-engineered from that is all I can truly say. I think the less dark ones we tinkered with looked even more washed out than the official cards so I believe we did some print tests to see how they looked in comparison after which I think we determined the richer dark colors looked better but I can't say for certain what the rationale was. It has been a long time after all. Could be to more match the saturation of the other generals. Half the templates were official ones provided by a graphic designer that worked with Hasbro, a source who I can't name but he may still work with Colby.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!