View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Poison Ivy - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Souza View Post
First off, let me say I like how you handled Poison Ivy.

Her pheromones + attack of 4 gives her an effective attack of 6. To me at least, that seems a bit much thematically for Poison Ivy. Maybe a base attack of 2 ?

Also maybe dial down the range of pheromones to adjacent. Otherwise she becomes the Anti-Raylen

I do really like the PLANT ANIMATION SPECIAL ATTACK.. It's very thematic and the mechanic is simple and elegant
Thanks for the kind words.

The pheromone aura isn't giving her any additional attack dice, it's just reducing the attack and defense of opponents. They are intoxicated by the pheromones--confused, not quite on their game. The effecive range of 2 was to address the notion that they are airborne.

Strategy here is that she can move within pheromone range of an engaged opponent who would then roll 2 fewer attack dice against an ally and then roll 2 fewer defense dice against the subsequent attack. Hence the "cheerleader"-level points.

I thought about Toxic Kiss being a leveled squaddie/hero auto-kill (a la Braxas), but decided that might be too much.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS