View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2018, 01:23 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Rulebooks and FAQ - PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrainBrain View Post
Hey guys. I'm brand new to Heroscape and to this website! Thanks for all of the hardwork put into this site. I finally decided that I was going to play with my used copy of Heroscape ROTV that I bought from someone on BGG. I absolutely love the idea of a customizable battlefield. Like Legos but better!

After, playing and reading up more on the forums and BGG, I had a few questions going through my mind as I thought I knew the basic rules but maybe not? Here I go!

1) Adjacency.

My understanding of Adjacency is when 2 figures are next to each other. Adjacency would allow for range 1 attacks.

My understanding is that if a figure is on a different level next to you, it's NOT adjacent and thus basic range 1 attacks can't happen.

I read something that confused me and threw off my whole understanding of Adjacency which now brings me to figure height.

2) Figure Height

How does figure height come into play in terms of Adjacency?

My opponent had Grimnak against my Raelin. We we're in spaces directly next to each other. We we're adjacent no?! I attacked Grimnak. Was that right or wrong?

I also thought being on a higher terrain level automatically means your both adjacent. I assumed from reading the ROTV rule book that as long time as the first bases were even on the same plain and next to each other, they are adjacent.

Once your adjacent and you want to do a range 1 attack, this leads to my third question on Engagement.

3) Engagement

If you're engaged, can you move around your opponent in the hexes directly around him in a circle motion without your opponent taking passing swipes because you're still Adjacently engaged?

4) What's the rule about climbing in regards to your height? I'm using a 5 height character with 7 movement wanting to climb up a stack of 6 hexes.

Can I do it?

5) Line of sight

I can target figures directly behind me like I have eyes in the back of my head as long as I can see them? So I would then be looking back from the front face of my character at the enemy behind?

Thanks for any help guys.!!
That's a lot of questions but they are related. Let's see if I can't help with an example. Grimnak is what 12 height? We will use 12. Raelin is 5 height. If they are on level field next to each other (on spaces that connect) they are adjacent and therefore engaged. Engagement checks if figures are adjacent and if they are they are engaged. Now say Raelin climbs up a level that is of 4 height (To climb you check a figures height, this limits what they can climb, example Krav Maga Agents can only climb a total of 4 height because they are only 4 tall and cannot reach any higher, regardless of how much move they have in this case 6). Raelin is still adjacent to Grimnak in the case of her climbing 4 levels because Grimnak is 12 tall. She would not be adjacent if instead of Grimnak it was a Krav Maga Agent adjacent to her.

Last question line of sight. At any time you may turn a single spaced figure and there are restrictions for double spaced figures (I don't recall) but say you wanted to shoot someone with a Krav. You move then can turn him/her. If someone is behind Grimnak I believe he can simply flip around (as long as he fits in his new orientation).

Typically what I have done in a pinch is use common sense, if you don't know a rule ask yourself Does it feel right. If so you should be good and then come if you still have a question.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Last edited by itsbuzzi; May 8th, 2018 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Thanks Superfrog