View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2022, 05:08 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Finally found an edit I like for Ebol...

The only change is Neural Capacity, where instead of placing all OMs on him every round, you place OMs on him equal to his life remaining. Especially combined with Sensory Overload, this adds some decision points that were a part of the critical feedback I got awhile back when I first ran Ebol through here.

The change does nerf his synergy a little bit with the Children of the Dark Star, which I think is good. Even if the Children make it less likely to take wounds because of their rerolls, previously there was no punishment for taking wounds on Ebol.

It does not change the range of Neural Transmission. After watching Vegie run his VChees3 army with Rygarn, where in most games Rygarn wasn't moved until his cleanup ability was needed, I believe this is more so a place where Ebol can have an advantage over Rygarn.

Speaking of Rygarn, I priced Ebol at just 5pts under Rygarn for two similar reasons. Rygarn can do two things better than Ebol: Cleanup and Wannok soak. He is not the greatest Wannok soaker but there is much less punishment for putting a wound on him than there is now on Ebol. Because of these two things, I priced Ebol in a way so that you usually cannot make up for his weaknesses relative to Rygarn by adding Isamu or Marcu (you can add Ebol/Isamu instead of Rygarn if you have 5pts remaining in your Rygarn build).

Looking for feedback on if you all think this change adds enough decision points to Ebol to make him more interesting.

Last edited by Sheep; May 19th, 2022 at 08:23 AM.