View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2014, 09:38 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Nice Hahma! Did you play with advanced rules like crew actions? It really does ooze theme. We are were supposed to play at work last week, but we tried Marvel Dice Masters and didn't stop. I got some mouse pad player mats for $2 and finally picked up a big dice tray so my buddy Stephen would stop rolling to the floor. Hopefully I can start teaching him Sails of Glory next week.
Yeah, we played the advanced rules. Go big or go home

It was funny because I busted the mast of my buddy Brian's ship twice in a game and I think he said there's like only a 3% chance of drawing mast damage. I just said that my guys had good aim

I had some rudder damage on my Frigate but it wasn't a big deal as my whatever number (can't recall the term) was like 7, so it only reduced it to 6 until I fixed it. I also had a leak in the first game that had to be fixed. Brian had gotten 2 leaks on his frigate in one game and it took a while to fix and pump out. That's the neat thing is that fixing damage takes time and actions, and as your ship gets more damaged you get fewer actions, so you have to sacrifice something.

It's interesting and cool how you have to reload from the side you shot from and that it takes a whole turn to do that, so once you fire from one side, you have to wait for a couple turns before you can fire again from that side.

I also learned the hard way about raking fire, as I got hammered by that. By the time I got to use raking fire, my ship was pretty banged up and had less firepower and wasn't as effective.

You'll have to leave the Marvel Dice Masters at home and play SoG You and that legendary lunch of yours You will need some time and space to get in SoG at lunch.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon