View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2006, 04:38 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
slot-cars and R/C car chatter

Back on HQ in some of the pics i posted of fields etc, people noticed a race track in the back ground. This is a 1/32 scale slot-car track. It is a fun (but expensive) investment for those who like "alone time" or, for me, father-son bonding (since my dad doesn't like HS). Sets com ready-to-run, and sell for anywhere between 120-300 dollars (see what i mean by expnsive?) but IMO it is well worth it. The cars a based off of actual models (my fave: The Dodge Viper GTS/R) and can be purchased separately for between 40-50 bucks. They (Scalextric) also has many different thing to go with the track, such as a Race Management System (RMS) that allows you to hook the track to a computer and maintain a race by telling the car when to pit, etc. They just introduced something that allows up to 6 cars to run on a single lane and realistic overtaking, just to add to the realism of racing. One of my favorite products: The pace car. It's a robot car that learns the course and races against you if you don't have anyone else to race against.

anyone else have any slot car stuff?