View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Anyone still have vinyl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmospro View Post
More than I want to think about, somewhere between 2 and 3 hundred 33 long plays, around 50 or so 45's. These are mostly 70's and 80's rock and metal. Then theirs the old stuff, about 200 more albums of blues, jazz and big bands collections some are 33 and other are 78's.

Yes I'm old.
78's! That must have been what my parents had .... I forgot the speed but that sound right. Those things were like 1/4" thick! I think the diameter was larger than a 45 but smaller than LP/33. I forgot about those they were obsolete by the time I was born (1957).
My wife has a tons of old 78's that were her dad's. They are thick and heavy. She's got hundreds of them from the 30's and 40's + of big band era. Tons of Glenn Miller and Gene Krupa especially (her father is burried in the same cemetary as Gene Krupa at Holy Cross Cemetary in Calumet City, IL). There are many other artists/bands as well, you name it and we've probably got it. It's pretty cool, but we need a turntable to play them on.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; May 16th, 2009 at 11:58 PM.