View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:55 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Good Pig's D&D Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Option A
Movement Bonding with zombies + keep fear aura

Option B
Lose fear aura, but give him full turn bonding with either another Zombie Hulk or zombies (or any undead squad).
Here's my version. I was thinking along very similar lines to you, obviously. I kept the points at 60 but dropped it to 3 wounds (same points/wound as the zombies themselves). It's quite close to your option B, although it's not quite full bonding. I wanted to avoid chain bonding via Ornak, and I also wanted to make it hard to consistently get 4 attacks in a turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Only thing I'm worried about with him is turning him into another Khosumet.
Yeah, it definitely needs testing. The way I have it worded, there's room on the card for a third power of some sort if it's needed. There's tons and tons of good options - some sort of zombie slam special attack, fear aura, adjacency-only fear aura, bonus to adjacent zombies... I could keep going.
Are you ready for a screeching U-Turn?

After playtesting my version, I found that the zombie shriek, as I worded it, gives very little value once the hulks are all in position. You really want your turns on the zombies themselves, so once the Hulks are engaged you don't want OMs on them any more. That was sort of the point, because I think a consistent 4 attacks per turn would be too powerful for the zombies, but the way I wrote it it's too easy to just engage the hulks and ignore them. I didn't want consistent 4 attacks/turn, but I didn't want the hulks to get completely shut down, either.

So... given the way my pseudo-bonding power draws opposing figures into adjacency, I think the zombie hulk does need to have some passive power to hurt adjacent figures. So... I'm going to run a test with the powers exactly as I had them on my version, plus paralyzing fear that only works on figures engaged to the hulks. I think this could work pretty well.