View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2020, 12:28 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: A3n extension to the Helmaverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by streaky2007 View Post
Looking at the original card, this version seems more versatile than the Tamaran Hatred power. Her original class was Warrior. It may be worth going back to that to avoid a Vengeful Princess with the Vengeful Princess power. You’ve also dropped Super Strength. Was that intentional? Nice work. I’m looking forward to your cards in the Helmsverse.
Yeah I wanted to make her more of a universal douche-bag than the narrow version of the original. I agree about the Vengeful Princess with Vengeful Princess power, I just couldn't think of a better name for the power as Tamaran Hatred didn't work anymore. Yeah the super strength was a conscious drop. I just wasn't convinced she was justified it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I like the simplicity and the intent of the powers. This is definitely a great start.

The few questions I would have are:

1) Why Blackfire before Starfire? Do you have a plan to make them similar? I'm not really up on either character all that much other than from some cartoons. No worries if you want Blackfire before Starfire I was just curious.

2) Vengeful Princess - I like it but I'm afraid of tracking the targets. Do you have any concern that it wouldn't be clean to say "attacked a friendly figure this round"? It seems simple enough in a two player game but does it get more difficult in a 3 player or 4 player free for all to track every enemy who attacked a friendly? What about squad figures? If one squad figure attacks does she get the bonus against any figure in that squad?
1). Because I hadn't gotten to Starfire yet in translating my original cards to a text file. I only gotten down "D" in the list & of those I Starfire was the one I wanted to see changed the most. I will probably do Starfire next just to ensure we have the pair out there.

2). You are 100% correct (as always). I rarely think about more than 2 players in a game. So...
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaky2007 View Post
Reading a bit more into Blackfire, I would say she’s mote manipulative than vengeful. The power reads like a passionate defense of her teammates, but she’s sociopathic and sees everyone as her pawns. She does have a chip on her shoulder about not being able to fly, so how about just +2 against Flying/Stealth Flying? That even helps overcome some of the huge advantage of Flying.
Yes she is manipulative, yes she is a sociopath, but they are just tools to her ultimate goal that destroying her sister & all Tamaranian's that supported her sister or had something to do with Blackfire's exile. Which is why I originally had the Tamaranian hatred power.

Having said that, & as I stated above I wanted her to be more universally hated. So I can get behind the hate of flyers, however it kinds of ruins the small symmetry I planned for Starfire. In fact I will post that design up now to consider while we work on Blackfire.