View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2019, 10:23 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The phrase "only 37 years old" brought joy to my heart. Thanks for that one, Hambone. #36BatYearsOld
You're very welcome Bats

You'll see one day how true it is.

To put it into gaming persective, I have been big into tabletop miniatures games over the past 3 years. I have bought into a lot of different game systems, as well as terrain. All of the miniatures have to be painted , with most needing assembly first. Most of the terrain I have needs to be assembled and painted. Some have come pre-painted but still require 2-6 hours of assembly, and then there are the pieces that I scratch build.

As with most hobbyists of this type, I have more wants than time to get caught up with painting of what I have, as I always keep buying more.

My buddy Chris is similar, but buys way more than me. Since going back to school while working full time, his hobby time had significantly decreased. But that will improve after a couple more years of school. He and his girlfriend don't have kids. I'm always going to be 14 years older than him, so he's always going to have that extra amount of time to spend on this hobby than I will.

You got into board gaming much younger than me. So you have that many more years ahead of you to enjoy them.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon