View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2021, 08:32 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Workshop

@japes , If that's the way it has to be, then I guess that's just the way it has to be. I'll be hawkishly watching for that Werewolf release.

Your son sounds like a cool dude. I should probably go throw a vote to Tony Stark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I know for certain that at some point several of us were contemplating when it should be appropriate to use a flip card and one of the comments was "same figure". I thought it was in Killer Frosts thread since I'm 99% sure I said it to Bats. And he asked me specifically at some point since he knew I've been fully invested in the show if Snow and Frost were justifiable as a single figure. But knowing how detailed you are...if it were in that thread you would have seen it. So I'm guessing it happened in a workshop thread.
Closest I can find:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
For the record I never envisions the Flip card as an automatic you change figures. I'd assumed there would be characters that just didn't change appearance at times as well. Also we have lots of cards already Emma I for instance that have transformations that aren't depicted with figures. I personally switch Emma I but that's just a personal thing and allows me to not have to worry about a marker.
--
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Has Hyde been shown to be resistant to mind control in any way? Other than that, figures changing size in vehicles can already happen and is kind of just part of the "game, not simulation" ethos. And one panel of a character saying something doesn't seem like justification for a character being unable to hold items. (His range number can already be modified in other ways, such as Mister Sinister.)
Mister Sinister can only modify Unique Heroes.
Jekyll shouldn't be able to pick up any weapon, like an energy ring and roll the D20 to blast someone, because he's unable to harm. And this is pure speculation on my part, but I also assume he would not drive, as folks with certain ailments can't drive, because it's too risky to get behind the wheel if, say, something like a seizure happened. On top of that, Jekyll is heavily medicated in order to maintain control.

Interestingly, that first bit about his metabolism probably explains why unlike the other characters, Jekyll is never shown eating, only taking medicine/pills. Hyde probably eats more than enough for him as well.
Spoiler Alert!

As far as being resistant to mind control, the Event Hero protection is different from Mental Shield. Lots of powers that refer to Mental Shield should still work on him. Hyde does have a strong mind/will though, as he's basically unrestricted negative emotion personified.

The brilliant detective, Dick Donovan was having a very difficult time negotiating with Hyde. Though he must have reasoned with him at some point, because Hyde does eventually help him.
In Campion's words, Hyde's "a tough nut to crack."

(Also, cool detail, Hyde is probably looking right at Campion and the group because the Two-Way glass doesn't impair Hyde's vision.)
Full page:
Spoiler Alert!

Hyde should also be immune to auto-destruction, as we saw him "go the distance" at least once, twice if you count the time he was hit with the heat ray outside the Martian crater.

Satanus' thread is a huuuuge discussion about what qualifies a figure for Event Hero. It's even pointed out that at some point, Satanus was mind controlled by Thoth. But overall, it seemed to be the right call for the character at the time. Although it appears that later on T-Spinny had some regret:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
He has no synergy and I would like to LD Thoth someday, where Satanus is enlarged and breathes fire. That would be the Event version.

Within the thread though, Bats says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think Mr. Mxy is proof enough that we based Event Hero status on two things: 1. The theme of the character 2. What we want to accomplish mechanically.
I think mechanically and thematically Event is right for Jekyll/Hyde. Lack of synergy is appropriate for the character, as he is in his nature "alone."

I like the Arthur reference , but once Hyde is out, he should stay out. Doesn't really make sense to have him revert to Jekyll mid-battle, nor does it sound fun to have to start rolling to release Hyde again.

I also don't think multiple powers reflected under one power is bad. Mystic Power Drain is autowounding, healing, power stealing, and an additional turn. Unstoppable Brute is 3 easy to understand powers in 3 sentences. If I can manage to keep him as Event, I suppose the first line can be scratched, since he's already immune to auto-destruction.

I'd rather the Mina thing be a second turn rather than additional dice, because he never holds back ever. But when he was avenging Mina, he took extra time. And for the middle sentence, if he's not ripping apart crowds of commons, then we've failed to represent Hyde, as that's what he does in every single fight.