View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2021, 11:02 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Plaid Hat & Co have put out more information on SW 2nd Ed. including purchasing options:
Click here for full information.
But, in the interest of having all the information in one place:
Game is launching with a 6-deck Master Set (similar to the original Master Set I guess).
Four 'classic' factions are reworked here (Fallen Kingdom, Vanguards, Benders (Renamed to Breakers), and Cave Golbins). Also included are Polar Dwarves (break-off faction after the Tundra Guild alliance? Deep lore), and Savanna Elves (someone realized that Lions and Elephants are more likely to be found there than in a Jungle I guess).
Box includes eight dice, a board (I don't see whether it is cardboard like the original Master Set, or neoprene like Alliances) and tokens. Tokens and dice may get 'upgraded' based on the quantity of sets pre-ordered. In addition, two mercenary promo cards will likely be included based on the current 'stretch goal' list.

Purchasing options are a subscription-based $50 for the master set, with an additional $30 quarterly, with two decks included per quarter. PHG says you can cancel any time. Digital access included.

$50 master set one-time purchase.

Shipping is included with subscription cost in the contiguous US.

There's also a digital app option. $10 for four months of access, with $2.95 per month afterward. If anyone at PHG is reading this, please also include 1-time purchase options here. (That is, the same pricing model as the original app.)

I've yet to read the rulebook/card text to truly appreciate the differences, but there's the rundown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.