View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2014, 11:50 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

The fire ants by Scytale seem interesting. I can't see anything flagrant about them for them not to be reviewed and play-tested further, and I'm totally fine with them being soldiers. Some species of ants are already known to have soldier, worker, and queen classes, and for all we know these presumably Valhallan ants are sentient to boot.

I don't see any problem from them benefiting from Marcus's leadership because of their class. Does it make any sense that American soldiers from WWII and the American Revolutionary War can understand and benefit from the leadership of an ancient Roman general? Marcus is a great tactician, and the insights he provides for troop movement can be a boon to any one trained as the rank and file of a soldier, be they man or ant.

They seem to be all the same miniature for each figure, but given that I wouldn't particularly be able to tell ants apart in the first place and they are made to be played with multiple squads, I wouldn't sweat it. Otherwise, I think it's great to see another insect for Aquilla in general. Hopefully they prove to be a good inclusion for the game, but I guess we'll have to see.