View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2012, 07:33 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by twigleg2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
When I sat down to playtest Khophawet, I realized a problem arose with Fury of Anubis. Unleashed Fury states: "Before moving, roll the 20-sided die...". Note it says "before moving", not "before taking a turn". This indicates that the Anubian's turn has already started when the Unleashed Fury roll occurs. Khophawet's Fury of Anubis power allows him to "immediately take a turn" if an Unleashed Fury roll is 2-11. This means that Khophawet takes a turn during the Anubian Wolves' turn.

This is a problem I refer to as "turn stacking".

I vote to induct Khophawet into the SoV.
...what if the card was reworded to allow Khopawhet to take his turn after the Anubians? It would also make him slightly less powerful because positioning the wolves within his aura would be more problematic.
I see Scytale's point with turn stacking, a no-no for rules clarity. I, too, would like to see K's activation occur *after* the Anubian turn; this makes him less useful and puts him in a similar position to the Shades, where they must first be adjacent to an opponent figure before activating Possession (or whatever it's called--Soul Devour?) on the following turn. This would seem a significant enough change to require K. be resubmitted with such a revised power.