View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2012, 03:51 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I like everything about Shaitahn, the stats, the powers, the general, the figure, even the name. But there is one thing I do not like, and it's a big one (for me). Undead March allows any Valkrill Undead to move, which for now is only Death Knights (and is pretty powerful with them), but would also apply to any undead heroes Fanscape creates in the future -- regardless of how powerful they are. Moving four powerful undead heroes in addition to taking a turn with Death Knights is pretty frightening. This could prove to be a limiting factor in the long run as we may need to avoid creating multiple powerful undead heroes for Valkrill. Change it to Undead Squad figures and I'm all for it. But for now,

to review Shaitahn
I agree, making this Squad figures (maybe Common figures--maybe both) makes the most sense.

Also, just to be clear, you intend for Undead March to not require an OM on Shaithan, so that with an OM on the Death Knights, I can first move 4 of them (4 spaces) and then move and attack with 2 of them, right?
Of course. I think the reason that this issue of heroes never came up in playtesting it that, well, Valkrill doesn't have many heroes. And the one he does have already works in sync with a common hero that moves itself. So the question would be, do I want Nicholas ,X number of Thralls, and Shaitahn, or do I want Nicholad, X number of Thralls, and 4 extra Thralls? Something of a no-brainer. And since most of the playtesting was based in Death Knights and the occasional Thrall in a filler role, I see no problem making that change, it shouldn't affect the point balance at all. I'll contact awesomeunleashed for a new card, and we'll fix the nomination post, if that's alright. I'll make it Common figures, since a couple of my own customs work into this mechanic (see my custom Skeletal Archer for the best example).