View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2017, 03:24 PM

Apotheox is surprisingly tart
Re: The Soulscape Project- Converting the Dark Souls game to

Sentinels
I think we're on the same page here. I'm of the opinion that it would be very nice for them to have some adaptation of Wrath of the Gods, although I am unsure if its current iteration quite hits the mark in regards to what we want the Sentinels to be. Current iteration has potential and interesting effects on how the opponent approaches them, but it might not be what we want in the end. Will have to playtest to see for now.

SK
Agree that archers are on the wordy side. If you look at the bonding text as an inherent quality like any squad, the two remaining powers being as wordy as they are doesn't seem as big of a deal anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
They dont particularly do anything interesting in the game other than occasionally curb stomp a new or unsuspecting player.
That's what I was hoping would come out of Deadly Strike and the repositioning power. Perhaps what we should aim for is bread and butter but with a little more edge or potential for danger?

So far the Archers and Sentinels are defensive/controlling in nature. I think it would be befitting if the Swordsmen were to complement this.

Winged Knight
For species, I wouldn't go with Ascended since he is still in the process of "ascension". The golden version of these guys are actually called Ascended Winged Knights, and they have feathered wings that are quite large.

Aside from their regular halberd attacks, the only other attacks that stand out are Divine Pillars of Light and their chain spin attack, which is much like the Dancer's. I think Whirlwind Assault would be simple and effective at conveying his in-game spin attack (while appropriate being "winged" since SotM Raelin has it too).

Speaking of Kyries, didn't the Winged Knights swear their loyalty and piety to angels? Perhaps something interesting can be done here.

Maybe I'm missing out on some lore details but I'm not sure why he would get a bonus vs. large figures. Are you thinking because of his large weapon?

My First Take/Draft:
Spoiler Alert!