Thread: The Lost Altar
View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2011, 09:44 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Lost Altar

Well met!

The Gang of Four generally treats each game as an adventure. A large percentage of our games are free-for-alls (FFAs), which have much in common with dungeon crawls. We generally do not see the map before we play, having only a general description of the terrain or, from me, some small, cardtable-sized sample map, with the types of salient features that will appear on the larger map at chas' place. It's creation is a sort of practice for me, as I generally free build the map at chas' in advance or on that evening. And it is a big map (think Nadi). Also, it is my philosophy to have a healer in my army when playing FFAs. There is often time, while my opponents are otherwise engaged, to regenerate my heroes, which can be demoralizing to your enemies, and turn a problematic situation into victory. The Lost Altar is one of the best scenarios that has been created for the Gang (and I didn't come up with it ). Again, kudos to chas!

I'd like to thank all those who have commented, here and on my blog, concerning this scenario, and invite more of you to do so, on this and our other scenarios (http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37028). Creating armies to cope with the unique circumstances of the scenario, as well as the opposing armies, is a joyous activity, and, I submit, more challenging than building for tournaments. And, through various devices, our scenarios make the list of viable units an ever changing, as opposed to a static, one.

Anyways, I wish you all a Happy Heroscaping Day!