View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2019, 07:22 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakeraistlin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I’m ambivalent on adding in a negative spirit power. It’s a cool mechanic and implementation, but if we’re already using a fairly potent cheerleading ability than it may be a bit much. It does force some decision-making on the opponent’s part, though, which I kind of like.

For a name, something like Weakness Spirit or Weakening Curse would work.
Nice mechanic .... Maybe saved...for Jura see my post there.....

Ditto for theme being demon...Darklord,relentless and jinx abilities, do you think he would be overpowered to bond...vakrill undead or demon kind?
If he's a Darklord (which I'm personally in favor of) then he already gets bonding with the Wolves of Badru, so I don't think adding additional valkrill undead or demon bonding would be necessary or mechanically clean.

I also like the idea of giving him a negative aura, but I'm not sure about whether I like forcing opponents to reroll defense. For one thing, new players (who this set is aiming to appeal to) could be confused as to how the timing works. New players could potentially think that attack and defense are supposed to be rolled simultaneously, and thus the defender should choose whether or not to reroll before seeing the attacker's roll. I recognize that this interpretation is probably unlikely, but its still something I'd rather avoid entirely.

Also, I wonder how much rerolling multiple defense rolls per turn would slow down the game... I wouldn't be surprised if that is part of the reason Andask's Orb of Vengeance can only be used once per turn.