View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2018, 08:24 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I think making the power simpler is going to be a good start. As is, it's not going to trigger a whole lot due to the adjacency requirement. I'm not sure if there's a way to build it to abuse that terribly, but the potential is there.

~Dysole, running possibilities
Quote:
MADNESS VEST
Whenever Shade attacks an Insane, Unstable, or Troubled figure, roll 2 additional attack dice. After rolling attack dice against an adjacent opponent's figure without the Mental Shield Special Power, if you rolled at least 2 blanks, you may choose an Unrevealed Order Marker on the defending figure's card. Switch it with an Unrevealed Order Marker on this card. Both players may reveal these Order Markers normally on their turn instead of their other Order Marker of the same number. At the end of the round, all Order Markers moved by this special power return to the player who controlled the Order Markers before they were moved.
Okay, here's an attempt to simplify it. Changed it to attack only, instead of being able to use it as a defense. I also changed it to activate on rolling 2 blanks, which is something we discussed yesterday.

I think it would be possible to combo him with Ozymandias to "juggle" the opponent's OMs on and off their card, but my argument would be that isn't any more efficient than just using an OM remover like Iceman.

Loki could be a worry. I could put the 2 and 3 OMs on Loki, then put 1, X, and X on Shade. Shade takes a turn, uses Madness Vest to swap an X on his card with an opponent's 2, then takes that 2nd turn to swap the opponent's 3 with his other X. So it would be possible to steal 2 of the opponent's 3 turns, but it would require very a specific set-up, luck enough to hit the right rolls, and either knowing where your opponent's OMs are or getting really lucky with picking the right ones.

Anyone who can reposition OMs on your cards could also be a problem, especially in combination with Ozy or Loki.

Are there any other potential combinations I'm missing?

Last edited by MrNobody; November 11th, 2018 at 08:50 PM.