View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2020, 11:15 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 2] Nahiri, Fury in Stone

I do think we're almost there! I agree that Sacred Guardian could be simplified down a little, but I do think that its a promising direction for a third power. How would people feel about this as a rough draft?

Quote:
Katryn Vade, Emperor’s Chosen
Einar
Icarian / Unique Hero / Champion / Devoted /Medium 5

5 Life / 5 Move / 1 Range / 5 (or 6?) Attack / 3 Defense

DRAGONHEART BLADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Dragonheart Blade Special Attack. Squad figures roll 1 less defense die against Dragonheart Blade Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Katryn Vade cannot be affected by her own Dragonheart Blade Special Attack.

SACRED GUARDIAN (or OATHSWORN GUARDIAN?)
If Katryn ends her turn adjacent to a friendly unique hero, Katryn may attack 1 additional time with her normal or special attack.

ASPECT OF THE DRAGON (or DRAGON'S BLESSING)
Whenever Katryn is chosen for a special power, you may treat her size and height as Huge 5 instead of what is on this card.
As I've mentioned before, the only thing that causes me to hesitate from supporting a conditional buff to Attack or Defense is the figure in context of the rest of the set. Right now, 4 out of 12 units have Attack or Defense stats that can fluctuate (Rhox, Sorin, Ukushisa, Tetsuo, and a fifth if you count Velkhor's Spirit). While I wouldn't necessarily oppose a power like this, I do think we need to be careful when nearly half of the units we're designing incorporate Attack or Defense buffs into the design. Personally I'd prefer to see a power that allows her to conditionally take another turn or make another attack.