View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: killercactus' maps-5/22/2010 - Riverbed Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
Looks good. Finally a map I can try. The map favors heroes more than squads, you say?
Well, really I would think it favors Uniques over hordes of Commons. I haven't tested the map yet, but the idea is that if some commons get over the river and onto the high ground and then die, the reinforcements have to again go through the river and climb the plateau before they're back in position, which will take a few turns. Uniques don't have to worry about reinforcements - once they get on the plateau, they're good until they're dead. D-E-D dead.
I played a game on Riverbed Plateau last night (Battle Report). Fun map! The river crossing does indeed slow things down. I was fielding MRT, Romans, and Mittens.
Mittens + river crossing = good!
MRT + river crossing + scout movement bonus = good!
Roman legos + river crossing (and without Marcus) = bad!

It seems like a toss-up between moving everything up en masse, or rushing to the high ground and glyphs and hope that you won't need speedy reinforcements.

Flying units (and venocs) are going to have a field day on this map (Protectors and Atlaga come to mind). That being said, I was playing against a wolf army, and the extra move of my MRT (and the 6 range) helped me on the road to victory.

Unfortunately, I placed the glyphs on the high ground adjacent to your designated glyph spots. I will try another run with a different army, and the correct glyph placement.

Added bonus: the map fit perfectly on my coffee table, with just enough room for a cold beverage.

Cheers,
Filthy

PS-Keep the ROTV-only maps coming, please!