View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2014, 09:41 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HoME Brainstorming Thread

Quote:
- I like Ranger's Assault, and I like him as a melee fighter (but I'm OK with him having a bow for range)
agree.

Quote:
- I think his race should be Human. Elros chose to be fully human, just as Elrond chose to be fully elven. Also, being a human allows lots of bonding options. I think of poor Erevan and Sharwin and am reminded of how they longingly wish to be part of the nine...
Good point. He is human, just long-lived.

Quote:
- I think Jandar would be best for a general.
Not convinced on this one, though would lean more towards Jandar than Aquilla after Ullar.

Quote:
- I do NOT want Strider to have healing powers. He couldn't heal Frodo--they had to send him to the House of Elrond and let Elrond and Glorfindel heal him. He's not a magical healer.
True, but Frodo's wound was magical. Quite agree he would not be a magical healer, but more like a Field Medic.

Quote:
- I agree that the Strider power is better for Legolas. Yes, he's a Ranger, but I don't see him as running on water.
agree.

Quote:
- I'd be OK with some type of protection power, but I'm not convinced about either of the options yet.
I think it needs more brainstorming as well, but think this would be natural - he was very protective of largely defenseless hobbits at Weathertop.

Quote:
- I'd be happy with Aragorn the Ranger having just 2 powers--Ranger's Assault, and perhaps some type of defensive or other power.
Would work for me. Might almost be inclined towards something like Tandros' Combat Challenge.