View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2020, 01:26 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntingWolvesOBMain View Post
This was actually my first time playing kurrok, fire elementals or Moltenclaw (the only unit I'd played was Eldgrim lol). So at the time I was lamenting Moltenclaws claws falling off when he attacked Ullganesh but in hindsight I'd do a lot differently.

Firstly, lead with the fire elementals. I didn't need to sprint to Lodin because the elves couldnt really hold glyphs anyway and I didn't get any huge value out of it immediately, I could have just got it a bit more slowly as I developed the fire elementals. But developing and spreading them prevents the crippling start zone bomb from Jorhdawn and they'd probably just do more damage than MC (though I didn't realise this until halfway through the game when I finally brought them out).

That leaves Moltenclaw as a cleanup unit, which I don't think is necessarily his strength. At the end of the game he doesn't get much value from his burning breath special attack because there's less things on the board so probably very few times when they are lined up for bim. So he is basically a 6 life 5/1/5/3 for 170 points, in which case there are better options, probably KA and more fire eles would have been better for instance. But as a side note I did love how thematic he was with fire eles given he is lava resistant.
Jumping back here a bit, but I actually agreed with your decision to lead with Moltenclaw. The changes I would have made would be:

- Position my FEs and Kurrok in the startzone such that Jorhdawn wouldn't be able to target more than two at a time, and probably put the first OM of the game on Kurrok (as opposed to Eldgrim) in order to spread the FEs out even more. Those Jorhdawn hits that targeted three elementals at a time were quite painful, and if you spread them out instead then the shots probably go at Moltenclaw instead.

- Continue to prioritize hitting as many wizards as possible with Burning Breath as opposed to going for Ulginesh. While an Ulginesh assassination would pretty much end the game, the odds of pulling it off are not great. I'd err towards just playing the numbers game and trying to get as many wounds as is possible. If Moltenclaw puts a large enough dent on the wizards, then the elementals should be able to mop them up.