View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:30 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Discussion: Why Did Heroscape Fail?

Theory Time.

After some time the potential of Heroscape will be known and will be brought out by some company. Do all of you think that Twinkies will never be seen again? Course not, some generic brand name will buy it because they have a similar product, they will use the new recipe and make their produce better. Same with Heroscape.

The highest projected market for "The New Heroscape" as previously mentioned, is in customs. Imagine having Transformers, TMNT, hell even Pokemon figures be added to the game. Unimaginable profit. It can gain costumers from anywhere.

A 7-year old boy goes to the store looking for a toy. He sees two of his favorites, Pokemon and Transformers. Then he sees "The New Heroscape" with Transformers and Pokemon. This is what he buys because it is both toys in one so to speak.

This "mass market" would start out small because of two symbols: © and ®. Less-known cartoons/characters will be made first because they need the "free" advertisement. Then the big names will want this "free advertisement" as well. An online game will help with the momentum.

We are talking big money if you feel like adding it up, and ideas like this take time, and a better economy. With a better economy comes more risks with money. So that's my theory, for the sake of all the sets I have, I hope it happens.

Also responding to the lack of Story Line of Heroscape, I believe they had one, involving Srg. Drake and Relien, which is why they have two sculpts, and SotM was apart of this story line, but no one really has heard of it.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet