View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2022, 06:43 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Major Q10 is an example of a design that, in my mind, wasn’t executed well. What the merciful personality shows me is that the designers had some sort of intent to make him a “Soulborg with a Soul” or something like that. Great. Love it. Very Iron Giant. Where am I seeing that outside the one word? His powers? Nope. His bio? No. The SotM campaign literature? Not really, Drake says he “brings sad tidings of Shiori’s capture,” that’s the best we got. The designers and authors had ample design space to follow through on this merciful thread. One throwaway line in the bio could have justified it and had it tell the story that you say is there. But it isn’t there.
Is this not enough of a throwaway line for you?

Quote:
Although the hero is a creature of metal and power cells, it has developed a questioning soul under Vydar’s leadership, making it a caring warrior able to support and protect allies during a raging battle.
I've always been on Team Merciful when it comes to the Q10 debate.

All that being said, I love the idea of a huge dragon with a space rifle. Feels very "heroscapey" to me and the design seems fun as well (I especially like the nod to Repulsors with the OM-removing Pulse Rifle, although I'm not sure the X marker mechanic is the best possible implementation for that ability).