View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I really like the Indines game. We traded for it and played a couple times, but as with most games it then began gathering dust, so it's been traded away. I'm jealous you got to play with Matthias, and not surprised you beat the coop when you had him on your team. Eleven-time Dragon Dice world champion!

I play a weekly D&D game, which isn't exactly a board game, but I'll mention it here anyway. My character is a sorcerer, a "wild mage" whose magic is barely under control. Sometimes when he does stuff he sets off something he didn't intend, and it might be good (turn invisible), there's a good chance it'll just be weird (turn blue), and there's a moderate chance it'll be bad (a fireball detonates, centered on you). The fireball, of course, is extremely unlikely, but last night I triggered it.

My party is only level 4, and we'd already been fighting for a while, so between our existing injuries and a few failed saves, all of us but one were knocked unconscious. And the big bad boss guy was just outside of the blast zone. Also my zombie minion survived. So we scrambled to throw around heals while the zombie minion grappled the boss. Somehow everyone is now barely conscious, dragging each other away from the battle, while the big bad end guy (hopefully) gets distracted by his big evil-magic tree, which is, on account of the fireball, totally engulfed.

Wish us luck for next week. I really like this character, I hope I didn't kill him. Or anyone else in the party.
Good luck!

Is the Wild Mage a new class for D&D?
I need to check that out sometime. I have been developing wild magic for my RPG for a long time. We ran a game that was rampant with Wild magic where weirdness was happening quite often and it was a blast.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey