View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2021, 01:47 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Announcing ScapeCon: July 29th-August 1st

OEAO and I just recorded a podcast which will be put up shortly which goes into more detail on the pricing, and we are still waiting for other quotes, but here is the maximum pricing based upon what we know right now:

Hotel rooms are $129 (plus tax) a night per room for either 1 king or 2 queen beds. We can get as many rooms as we need for Wed. through Sat. night. Let me know if anyone needs/wants to stay until Mon., I believe you can extend for the same rate. There are no suites at the hotel. It's in the airport area.

There is only the one ballroom at this hotel, which means that we are the event for the weekend, and our needs will be addressed.

The badge price is $290 per person based on 40 attendees, and $385 per person based on 30 attendees. For any number in between, do the math, its proportional.

Your badge includes the following:

1. All meals beginning Thurs. morning with breakfast and ending with Sunday morning breakfast. That's ten meals. Also mid-afternoon snacks.
2. Gaming from Thurs. morning 9am through Sun. afternoon 2pm. Ballroom closes from midnight to 8am.
3. All prizes. Prizes for top 2 in each tournament. Prizes for attending (some of the alt art cards which look fantastic.) Prize wall based on tickets you receive for games played and games won. (Listen to the podcast.)
4. Custom T-Shirt.
5. Free parking, free hotel shuttle from the airport (tip the driver.)
6. Water stations set up inside the ballroom during the entire convention.

Because we have to spend a minimum amount on food, if we have less than 40 people the food/beverages will be more elaborate on a per person basis.

You will not need to leave the hotel (but of course you can) nor open your wallet to buy food or bottled water during the day and evening.

How does this pricing compare to GenCon?

GenCon badges are $130, and tournaments are $8 -$12 so figure $210 for a badge and gaming at GenCon (at a mimimum.) With 40 attendees you are spending $80 more than the cost of admission to GenCon ($290 -$210) for ten meals, three afternoon snacks, unlimited water, a T-Shirt, and more prizes than you would receive at GenCon.

Downtown GenCon hotel block pricing is approximately $265/night, parking at the hotels is approx. $30 -35 a day, and if you drive in to the city and park at Lucas Oil Stadium, it's $20 a day.

Both Mike and I are paying the same amount as everyone else, and we will have the receipts with us at the Con for any attendee who would like to see how this was priced out.

Because we are still waiting on other quotes, we are not releasing the name of the hotel at this time. It's a name that everyone will recognize, and its ratings and reviews are very good. The sales director has been working very hard with me to meet our budget for food.

I will be speaking with the sales director Tuesday afternoon. Let me know if you have any questions for him by Tuesday at noon (eastern time.) In the meantime I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has.