View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2021, 06:53 PM

Chris Perkins wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chris Perkins wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chris Perkins wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chris Perkins wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chris Perkins wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chris Perkins wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Durin's Bane - Rough Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Do we have a miniature in mind for your vision?
Nope. I have 0 experience finding miniatures. Can work on that later on, though it's safe to say it would be double spaced.

Quote:
Fire Whip is very cool, it combines the Lawman Whip with the reposition effect. I'm curious as to if we actually need to take all the defense dice away from whatever you grab.
I probably agree. I included it for thematic effect; Gandalf was pretty defenseless when he got whipped, which was my main logic. But I think it might be too strong for hitting heroes with, especially since the aura will already affect them.

Quote:
The spirit strength makes sense, I almost wonder if it should be expanded to include lava damage?
I had left it for just falling to try and make a more general Maia power (that Gandalf might share, for instance). We could do something more specific but this was an attempt to do something like Marvel did with 'Super Strength' that was generic and applied to lots of people. In fact, we might be able to just put a 'M' on the card like Marvel did with 'S'. Thoughts? Only problem is not many figures would have it; would be pretty rare.

Quote:
4 Move is slow, especially if he is going to be double spaced so I'm not the biggest fan but I understand what you're going for.
Slow move was very intentional because:
- I really wanted him to be a 'Guard' for thematic reasons, which means he can get +1 move from Warden 816. I didn't want the move to be stackable up to 6.
- There needed to be some kind of weakness.
- Whip already gives him a higher threat range without the movement.

All in all, glad you liked the direction of the card.