Thread: Frenzy question
View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2007, 02:42 PM

Marduk has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrionXavier
Quit arguing just for the sake of arguing.
Others keep attacking, I will keep defending. My reasoning is correct, it makes sense from a real-life perspective of covering fire, and it helps slightly even out the imbalance between ranged units and melee units. No one has yet been able to poke holes in my logic; like yourself they just keep making things up.

Quote:
From Action 2:
This implies that you chose a card in Action 1 to reveal your order marker, and it's our chosen card that is used to attack with.

During step 2, when you decide who to move, those figure that move are chosen for that card. A rule doesn't need to specify that as it's implied when you chose what to move. So, when step 3 says that you can attack with any of your chosen army card, it means only the ones that you moved previously. If you did not move the total number of units in the squad, you may chose to attack with figures that didn't move as part of the squad.
The rules do not say that, nor do they imply that. Can you point this out anywhere? There are rules for using multiple common units, and they say to use a single card. That means you choose that one card to use some of those matching squad figures. Or are you going to start using a card for each squad and keeping track of which figure goes with which card?

Quote:
This is why the Zombies have the wording that specifies that you can attack with 3 zombies other than the ones that have moved.
This is the only shred of logic you are using, and it is very frail. Why does Q9's special power say "Major Q9 may target the same or different figures with each attack."? Should we not allow Syvarris to shoot at different figures with his double attack, because this rule on a different card sort of implies he should not be able to? No, because the rules spell out what constitutes an attack. Syvarris gets to make a second attack, each one is conducted separately by the rules for attacking. Q9's power has that extra line to avoid confusing people who have not read the rules. The last line of Horde Movement is there for the same reason.

The rules spell out how to use multiples of a common unit. They spell out how to handle movement. They also spell out how to handle attacks. The only connections between movement and attacks are in your mind and in the recent ruling. Until that ruling, there was no reason to believe the two were so closely connected.

Now, would someone lock this thread, please? I already know that no one is going to be able to cite anything contrary to my interpretation from the rules or official FAQ, and I have already said I accept the ruling handed down on this matter. In the effect, the game officials said "because I said so", and as I said before, from them that is good enough.

Edit: by the way, I am done arguing and will no longer read this thread. If anyone else just has to have the last word, no doubt fabricating another new non-existant rule for it, feel free.

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com