View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2014, 05:24 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Mixing Super Scape With Classic Scape

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
For me, the inclusion of Supers relegates all the other units to spear carrier status thematically. Kaemon Awa must not be upstaged!
That's a good point, but just because one enjoys mixing Supers with Classic doesn't mean one ALWAYS has to mix them.

I definitely like to have a good ol' Classic Scape 'Orcs vs Samurai' or 'Legionnaires vs Indians' battle from time to time - with absolutely NO Supers involved. Or like chas noted, a 200pt 'cap' for lower point, pulpier games is a good rule of thumb to allow those Classic Scape Heroes like Kaemon Awa to shine.

Anyway, if you're not into it, you're not into it, simple as that. I would never be so bold as to tell someone what to play or enjoy - I completely respect the folks who don't like to mix simply because they don't like Comic Books or Super Heroes. I just think that Classic Scape makes a great supplement to Super Scape, especially if you're playing scenario-based games; Classic Scape figures can add a ton of thematic flavor.

Oh yeah, I thought of another Supers / Classic pairing that seems to get used quite a bit in our games - The Death Knights of Valkrill with... well, pretty much ANY Relentless Hero. I first used them with the C3G Solomon Grundy and had excellent results [I send Grundy out to smash stuff while the DKs spread out to all corners of the map - once he died my opponent has to split up his forces and scramble all over the place to try to take them out before Grundy returned!], another player teamed them with Wolverine, and a participant in my Tournament is planning to use them with Doomsday in this year's game, which will definitely make him one of the players to watch out for.