View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2018, 11:10 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: SuperHeroScape™ by NecroBlade: Doctor Doom, Iron Man 11/

Captain America
I've never really been a big fan of Cap as a tank. He's always felt like a more nimble, acrobatic fighter to me, and making him a big beatstick doesn't capture the right vibe to me. That said, every Cap design I've ever seen by someone other than me is a beatstick, so maybe I'm the crazy one.

Anyhow, I dig this spin on the SA, and the more active leadership is a big improvement over the Hasbro version for sure. I do worry that he's a little too tough. I often struggle to take down the C3G version, who has similar durability (but with 1 less Defense).

Don't think he's quite SS-worthy, either.

Red Skull
I'm not super hot on Master Manipulator, but I suppose I can't blame you for skewing close to the original. It just feels like such a generic leadership power to me, on one of the nastiest schemers in the Marvel U. I don't think the mechanics ever lived up to the power name.

Cool take on the Cube, though. Might be a little low-rent in terms of what the Cosmic Cube is supposed to be, but it serves the purpose of the card nicely. I'd have been tempted to mess around with the timing of the power so it could trigger when he farms out a Master Manipulator turn, but that's probably not necessary.

Doctor Doom
The trap power adds that 'mastermind' feeling that the Hasbro Doctor Doom was missing. Just what the Doctor ordered! There are a million things you could do with Doom, but this is a pretty solid spin on the Hasbro version.

Iron Man
Another really solid spin on the Hasbro original. In a vacuum, I like the multi-attack being a special, but taking away the synergy with Cap feels like kind of a bummer.

Silver Surfer
The shift to large is clever - not something I would have thought of, and the size diversity is welcome.

Thanos
Not too much to say on this one - Thanos is really more of a schemer and less of a tank in the comics, but I suppose the tankiness makes sense in the context of fighting Earth's heroes instead of crazy powerful cosmic entities that he's usually going up against. I think, like Doom, the Hasbro version could really use one power to flesh out that side of the character, but I can't fault you for restraint.