View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2022, 12:41 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Master Roshi's Custom Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Cool units! I have some comments.

Bodak seems like a lot of fun as a figure that enables "one big turn" in the vein of Ornak or Clayton Pierce, but I don't think "move" as you're using it exists in Heroscape terminology. I'd guess you'd either have to designate a number of spaces for Pack Movement's movement or word it like this:
Quote:
PACK MOVEMENT
After taking a turn with Bodak, if Bodak is unengaged and did not attack then you may take a turn with up to 2 unengaged Beasts you control. The chosen Beasts may not attack and must end their movement engaged, if possible. Any Beast that starts or ends its turn within 2 spaces of Bodak may add 1 to its Move.
This also allows you to steal the Kozuke R&C to prevent a discrepancy if a Beast is destroyed before engaging anything (such as by Cathars).

As for the dinosaur: I might reduce its Attack, as Chomp already gives it a lot of punch. Also, Terrible Lizard doesn't make much sense to me; it primarily gives the T. rex a weakness to the Nhah Scrih and the ability to lead a tribe of Lizardfolk, neither of which seem very thematic. I really like the way you've portrayed the T. rex otherwise, though.

Yeah Bodak is a lot of fun to use. Originally he could use two beasts every turn like Talingul, but it was just too devastating to the opponent when I rolled out with both Krug and Trex every turn of the round, so I had to pull it back
Perhaps the move number could be a fixed amount for Pack movement, but I still think they should need to end their turn unengaged rather than engaged; that way they are able to follow Bodak around the map. If they have to be engaged then the opportunities to activate the ability will be more limited. It's intended mostly to allow a player to setup for Unleash the Beasts

With the dinosaur I feel that bonding with the greenscales was an obvious choice. However if I'm understanding correctly the reservation you have is that the Trex is more like a typical animal, whereas the dragons are more intelligent and sentient and thus fit the "King" title better.
I can see where that's coming from, and the bonding on the greenscale card does make it feel more limiting. It's possible that the wording on their card would prevent this from making it through the SOV because of that

However, the wyvern and Sujoah bonding with the spiders would be unjustified as well then, seeing as to how they're all more like a typical animal and the fyorlag spiders are going to be of the same intelligence as a real world spider, unless existing lore states otherwise. I doubt either are going to have the tactical awareness to coordinate cross-species like that, and both the Ogres aren't presented as too bright either yet they have bonding (same may be said about Krug and ice troll berserker)

Having some form of synergy between greenscales and dinosaurs just seems very thematic to me, even if it weren't via the bonding listed on the greenscale card. Essentially dragons are like more intelligent dinosaurs anyway
If it were considered bonding more in the sense that Bodak's bonding is, where the dinosaur is being brought along for the ride and not the other way around then we'd be able to avoid this confusion. I'm willing to play it like this in my own games, but it would be a tough sell getting that through the SOV since they'd probably see it the same way as you