View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:41 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Metagame Evolution

The Warriors of the Ghostlight Fen pack alone contains 2 units that will, in my opinion, impact the metagame significantly.

1. Phantom Knights. Major impact. Counter to ranged squads and glyph grabber extrordinaire.

2. Hydra. So many uses, so few points. Offensive juggernaut all by itself and 6 defense. Wow!

Phantom Knights/Raelin replaces Deathreavers/Raelin as favored basis of Valhalla Society builds. Under certain circumstances, Phantom Knights/Deathreavers/Raelin could make an appearance. Phantom Knights/Raelin/Hydra even more so.

In any event, the monolithic, homogeneous squadscape advocates face their greatest challenge.

P.S.: As much as I like the GIE and the Wyvern, and others fear Kurrock and company, I don't see them as having a significant impact on the metagame. Looking forward to the Hero pack!