View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:56 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

I never saw this thread, and I'd wager many others didn't see it either. In any case, it was certainly Marvel that pulled me in. The Marro on the cover of RotV seemed uninteresting to me, and the $40 price tag seemed a bit steep to just try out on a whim.

But one day my son saw the Marvel set at Walmart, and so I figured we could take a shot at it. Loved it, went back and bought RotV, a pack of WoA and a pack of Nakitas the next day. (We needed some girl characters for my daughter.) Then I really, really got into it.

My wife got a bunch of Marvel sets on clearance at Target later on, and we used them as birthday/Christmas presents for cousins and kids' friends. At least two of those kids got hooked pretty heavily, too.

Marvel was an excellent gateway drug . . . er, game, for us.

--

To ROM, I'd certainly recommend trying the other characters, too. Even if you just play against yourself (I do that more often than I care to admit...)

Off topic: Every time I see your avatar, it reminds me of the stack of ROM comics sitting in my basement. I didn't know anyone still knew who ROM was.