View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2019, 06:20 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Taskmaster (Final Editing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
No, he went down and rather than continue fighting used explosives to escape the situation. Definitely not the same as what you said.
Okay, but how did he escape if he wasn't still standing? Sure, I guess you could say he fell over and then immediately got back up but that seems like a minor technicality. My point was that he took a hit from a Spidey (who is actually pretty strong, just holds back) at a time when Spidey seemed upset enough that he probably wasn't holding back as much. I'd expect that to knock out or seriously injure most humans, but Taskmaster is able to get back up right away.

Quote:
In what is very clearly a larger battle (on the lawn of the White House, if I'm not mistaken) he managed to use his sword to batter Cap and then throw it to knock Bucky's gun away. Unless I am mistaken, this is also when the Red Skull had augmented powers to help all of his minions (can't remember if it was the Cube or Prof. X's powers). That was literally a single sequence, I'd rate that more held his own in a fight with them, than fought them to a standstill.
Okay, I'll admit I don't know the context. But holding his own against Steve as well as another significantly skilled fighter doesn't exactly make me feel like Taskmaster is worse than Steve. There's also another linked page of Taskmaster holding his own against Steve and Tony. He's clearly not going to win, but he's able to at least deal temporarily with their combined attack.

Quote:
I call BS on the Movement prediction. Marvel Wiki clearly says he can figure out fighting movements and predict them, if he studies enough. He does not function like Deathstroke. You really should look around a bit more when reading these kind of arbitrary sites. This particular one had Taskmaster overpowered but also has a link that states he would lose a fight to a lame-o One Piece character. Yeah, this site can be used as factual, there is no bias by the writer what so ever.
I'm with you in that I'm pretty much ignoring everything in the actual wiki page. (I don't know anything about One Piece though.) I do think the actual comic pages are valuable though, even if they are out of context.

Where do you think he should fall, power level wise? From my experiences seeing him pop up, I've always viewed him as somebody who is above Cap, more on the Iron Fist to Deathstroke scale of things. I also think our Cap may be 10-20 points under what he would be if he was made today. A quick google of some nerd debates also shows a lot of people thinking Taskmaster would beat Cap in a fight, but again I know that's not entirely reliable.