View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2008, 11:01 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of 10th Regiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
I'm trying to put together a good 500-point army using 2 squads of 10th Reg (that's all I've got and I won't be able to get more for a good while, so please bear with me). I instantly saw the Marcus synergy, and I figure I should take 2 squads of Romans with him (again, all I've got; I only have 1 squad of Sacred Band so I'd have to borrow someone else's to use that pairing in a tourney).
That leaves 150 left...
I kinda like Mimring here. One thing that a Legion/10th army lacks is mobility. Another is a Special Attack. Mimsy gives you both. If you can resist the temptation to charge out with the big Beast he should be well worth his price in support of what you already have there.
Pretty good, Aldin.

I recently played this 500-point army:

Marcus - 100 pts
Roman Legionnaires x 2 - 100
10th Regiment of Foot x 2 - 150
Major Q10 - 150

It did quite well, helping my team win the game. Q10 provides two flexible special attacks that the army would otherwise lack, as Aldin pointed out, and adds even more range to the militia army. Less mobile than Mimring, perhaps, but sturdier.

I do have to disagree with Aldin about this army's lack of mobility, however; the Romans with a 5 move and the Redcoats with 6 move is enough movement to do the job.