View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2021, 11:57 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Ozuul (Eldrazi Ruiner) - Playtesting

I did do some testing with 6M for Ozuul, though I didn't record much more than notes after the games.

Game 1 & 2 were Ozuul, Velnesh, Pyria, Krav, and Isamu vs Raelin RotV, Soul Guides, Drake RotV, B-11s, and Sonlen.

Game 1 Ozuul used the extra move to get to Wannok early and sit on it as a big distraction, Wannok doing 1 to Drake before he came off to go after B-11s who were shooting at him. He managed to pull some, and Raelin after she moved up to boost defense, and killed 2 plus 2 wounds on Raelin. Counting Wannok Ozuul got ~109 points. (For our other figures: Velnesh killed 1 B-11, 1 to Raelin for ~44. HSGs killed 1 Krav and did 1 to Pyria via Wannok for ~53. Pyria killed 1 B-11 and did 1 to Drake for ~50.)

Game 2 was straight wrecking ball Ozuul bee-lining for an many figures as possible, which 6M really enables. Raelin, Drake, 2 to Sonlen, and 2 B-11s were all taken out for ~298 points. This unsurprisingly resulted in a big win for his team, Krav cleaning up. Velnesh weren't needed, Pyria died in the start zone, and the last HSG brought back Drake as a distraction before it got killed anyway, but OMs were placed elsewhere.

Games 3 & 4 were same army as above against Romans x4, Marcus, NGS, and Mogrimm.

Game 3 Ozuul lead but only got 3 Romans, 2 to NGS, and 1 to Mogrimm for ~94 points. With poor board position following that, it was a pretty major loss. Pyria killed 1 Roman for ~13, but that was about it.

Game 4 saw a different strategy and solid Crush rolls turn into an opposite result. Krav kited Romans as long as they could, picking off a few and letting Ozuul move around to Pull and kill a couple at a time. In total, 3 squads of Romans, Marcus, and 1 to Mogrimm for ~270 points. Pyria did not get used as the game was decided by the Velnesh after that; they killed NGS and did 5 to Mogrimm (~190). This was after doing a ton of blocking and Blinking, severely impeding the Romans' ability to move across the board laterally and go after Ozuul in numbers.

My thoughts are +1M seems to go a lot further on Ozuul than it might on many other figures. He averaged 192 points over these 4 games, 2 wins, 2 losses. Makes me think he might even bump into the above 200 range. He certainly felt more like a terrifying force of nature, since he was able to just get to a lot more positions with Pull and Crush potential. If others can get a few tests with 6M, I'd like to hear what everyone prefers.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13