View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2021, 03:18 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of the Mind Flayer Mastermind

Oh goody, you brought up my Biggest rule-lawyer pet peeve: RANDOM vs ARBITRARY - see BGG thread for pages of discussion there, but ultimately lead to me asking: Does drawing a random card enforce shuffling? - it is asking about cards but can be applied to order markers as well. The "consensus" there was "players CAN shuffle or rearrange if they want and CAN look at the cards order markers before drawing, but neither is required." Basically I wish the card read either:
Quote:
... remove one unrevealed order marker at random without looking at it from that...
OR
Quote:
... arbitrarily remove one unrevealed order marker at random from that...
However I seem to be the only person that loves using the word arbitrarily correctly when most rules use the word random when in my view it really means arbitrary. If you want to take RANDOM by a very literal definition - then you must do things like roll dice, or take order markers and shuffle them and draw without your opponent seeing until after you draw. But again in my view you will get called a RULES LAWER by most people in putting the LETTER of the rules above the SPIRIT of the rules, as most people (81% according to my poll) think even game designers do not want you to interpret random in that strict sense.