View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2019, 09:11 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 0] Ozuul (Eldrazi Ruiner) - Editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Hmm. I think that Ozuul grabbing just one figure doesn't have the same oomph for the big bad of the set, especially if he still has the Special Attack that relies on him engaging multiple figures.

Mechanically, I think that the current Gravity Pull (choosing all figures one at a time and placing them in a loop) is harder to comprehend than Throw, which is already a pretty wordy power for what it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya
GRAVITY PULL
After moving and before attacking, Ozuul may use Gravity Pull. One at a time, choose a each non-adjacent figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Ozuul. The player that controls that figure must place it on any empty space adjacent to Ozuul, if possible. Continue choosing figures until there are no non-adjacent figures within 2 clear sight spaces or there are no empty spaces adjacent to Ozuul. Figures moved with Gravity Pull do not take leaving engagement attacks. After using Gravity Pull, Ozuul must use his Gravity Crush Special Attack and may not attack normally this turn.
I was going to comment that I don't think that removing the end conditions for the loop won't work, but upon further reflection I think that this could actually be okay. If there are no empty spaces adjacent to Ozuul, then it's no longer possible to keep choosing figures. Specifying one at a time already tells us that he's going to keep doing it until he can't anymore. I'm not an editor, but this seems like it could be a promising revision.

Throwing it all onto a card really quick so we can see how wordy it is:

Definitely wordy, but not as terrible as before. If we want to simplify it further, we could go with the straight 4 attack dice against all adjacent figures for his Gravity Crush, though I do like this iteration more.
Just wanted to say I like the overall direction this guy is going in, and offer a quick suggestion. What would you all think of changing Ozuul's species to Outsider? The miniature certainly shares several characteristics of the revealed Outsider faction miniatures from the upcoming c3v faction. Even the "two arms branching out into two more arms" thing he's got going on is seen in another unreleased unit of this faction. Of the units revealed, he'd have some synergy with the Children of the Dark Star, but without access behind the c3v curtain its hard to say in what other ways he'd tie in to the faction's synergy. I think it is just a possible way to tie Ozuul and the Scions into the greater heroscape canon thematically.