View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (Round 1)

Round 2

“So how do you want to handle the orders?” Johnny asked.

Reed thought for a moment. “Iceman is out in the open. Since I said we’d focus on one person at a time, I’d hate selecting a target that only one of us could attack. But we’re not currently engaging with anyone else, and Iceman’s a heavy hitter. I think you should go for it.”

“Roger! I’ll go around…”

“No,” Reed interrupted. “You can still take a shot and still be close to us. We may still need you if Beast charges us.”

The Human Torch fidgeted nervously. “C’mon, we need initiative again.”

Order Markers: Human Torch (1/2) / Mr. Fantastic (3/X) // Professor X (1/2/3/X)
Initiative: FF ( 8 ) / X-Men (10)

X-Men Turn 1a: Professor X Mindlinks Angel.

“Angel, put me behind that other tree where my Psychic Defense has better range.”

“But that would also pin us to the edge of the map,” Cyclops argued.

“No, there’s more of us than there are of them.”

“You got it, Professor,” Angel agreed.

X-Men Turn 1b: Professor X Mindlinks Jean Grey

“Jean, come over here. We’ll need you.”

Jean moves onto the road two spaces behind Professor X. “Perhaps I can move farther,” Jean thought, as she focused her mind.

Telekinesis Jean Grey: 11 – just missed.

FF Turn 1: Human Torch (no Reckless Teammate)

“I guess we didn’t need initiative after all!” Johnny exclaimed. “Let’s melt some ice!” The Human Torch had considered going around to the far left, but he remembered Reed’s orders. “Hey, I can still hit him from here, and I even have height advantage!”

Spoiler Alert!

“Hey, Frosty! How about some heat?!”

“Rats! You do know that melted ice makes water, and water puts out fire!” Iceman yelled back.

“Not if I put out enough heat to evaporate it first! Take THAT!!!” Johnny hurled a ball of fire towards Iceman.

Normal attack (5+1 dice) vs Iceman (5d): 5 skulls vs 1 shield = 4 wounds = KO!

“Aaaaaaagh…SSSSSSsssssssss……”

Spoiler Alert!

“HOLY CRAP!” Cyclops roared. “We lost Iceman!”

Meanwhile, the Human Torch celebrated. “One down; five to go!”

To be continued…

Last edited by davidlhsl; August 24th, 2010 at 09:23 AM.